Family Business Succession Planning
This event has been changed to a webinar format.
Family-owned businesses are the engine that drives the US economy. However, a “Silver Tsunami” has begun. Baby Boomers own seventy percent of US businesses. The most recent studies show that they’ve started their mass exit. Most plan on being out within five years. The majority of these owners discover, too late, that the kids don’t want the business. Unfortunately, neither does anyone else. In this presentation we’ll explore:
- The five most common reasons owners leave – most are not what you think
- How value trumps revenue and profit – and why advisors should care
- How timing is everything – what advisors need to know
- Why the family side of a family business may matter most
- Another five: The top considerations for advisors
Christian Muntean has helped hundreds of businesses rapidly grow, increase profitability and accomplish their goals. His clients include regional and village corporations as well as start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. Christian is the author of Conflict and Leadership and a contributor to Forbes.com. He is a Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA.)
Christian grew up in Anchorage. His wife, Marta, was born and raised in Nome. They have three awesome children. In his spare time, he teaches a strength & conditioning class and practices Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.